Last week Ethan and I went to Student Life Camp in Orange Beach, Alabama with some of the students from our youth group! It was the best camp I have ever been apart of. Not only was the beach awesome, but the camp was amazing! The worship band was the Brett Younker band(who played at the camp we went to last summer). They did a great job at leading us in worship and helping to prepare our hearts for what the Lord was going to teach us. The camp pastor was Matt Chandler! Ethan and I were really excited to hear him preach in person. We love listening to him sermons and I have enjoyed reading his wife's blog. Matt Chandler is the pastor of The Village Church in Texas. Make sure to look him up! The "theme" of the camp was Devoted. Are we devoted, how do we become more devoted and who helps us stay devoted where the questions that we encouraged to ask ourselves. Matt Chandler preached on the Gospel and it was extremely convicting. I am still processing what I learned and God is still teaching me. The thing that stuck out to me the most of that the Gospel doesn't just save us, it sustains us. We need it and without it we will never make it. I am thankful for this time of growth and refreshment. It was needed and I loved spending time with the students! We had a great time and I would go back in a heartbeat!
Here are some pictures from the week!
The hubs and I!

My view while on my run in the workout room!

The girls in my room. Minus Mrs. Cindy who was taking the picture!
From left to right:
Kaylee,Myself, Morgan, Abby,and Whitney

The view from our condo!

Spending some time on the beach one night after worship.
Emily, Myself, Whitney and Abby

Whitney and I

We may be crazy, but I think we are the best chaps ever :)
Love my mom's face in the background!

Mom and I enjoying the beach!

Mom(who was also a chap), myself and Abby!

One of my new favorite pictures with my favorite person!
This was our last trip with our church youth group before the move. I have loved serving and growing with the students and am very thankful for the time I have spent in the youth ministry. It has been a blessing and the Lord has taught me many things through it. I know that the relationships I have built will be ones that will last forever!
1 comment:
I love the last picture, my new most fav as well! I am so excited for yall to move up here and see what the Lord has in store for you! counting down the days sweet friend! Love you!
Post a Comment