Friday, October 14, 2011

Mom's visit to Louisville!

My mom came for a visit last weekend and it was wonderful! Ethan and I loved every minute of it! She flew in on Thursday and Ethan picked her up from the airport while I was at work. Once I got off work I met up with them at our apartment and it was a sweet reunion! 3 months is a long time to go without seeing a family member in person! 

Here is a break down of her visit!

On Thursday night we went to dinner and then walked around the seminary for a bit.

On Friday morning we headed over the river to Southern Indiana to visit a old confectionary called Shimffs. There was candy every where along with an old coke fountain and a deli! My best friend Kendall and her son Pax joined us and it was a fun morning! After that we headed back to get lunch at the Blue Dog Cafe. After lunch we went to the seminary for a while then mom and I did some shopping!

On Saturday we headed back over the river into Southern Indiana to go to Huber's farm! It was a blast! I have never seen anything like it! They have u-pick pumpkins, apples, a corn maze, tractor rides, family restaurant, and much more! We picked apples and then mom made a homemade apple pie! That evening we enjoyed dinner at our apartment and yummy apple pie!

On Sunday we took mom to church with us and then we out to lunch with our friends Jarrod and Sarah! After lunch mom and I did a little more shopping and then we enjoyed our last evening with a walk and dinner at our apartment!

Mom left early monday morning and I was extremely sad to see her go. However, our time together was so sweet and made both Ethan and I even more excited about going home for Christmas! Have a mentioned that we get to go home to Florida for a week?? We are thrilled!

I have uploaded a few pictures from mom's trip and you can find more on my Facebook page!


Mom, Ethan and I outside of Shimff's!
 

 Huber's farm!

 Apple picking!




The homemade apple pie mom made! It was to die for!

 Mom loved the changing leaves! 



1 comment:

Kelly said...

so sweet!! Isn't fall the best? I never knew what it was like until I moved to VA. We love apple picking and all the fall festivities that are up here that aren't possible in FL. So cool that you get to go home for a week!