Thanks to my friend Ashley I am now obsessed with freezer meals. I was actually nervous about it and it took me awhile to actually freeze things. However, the more I try it the more I realize how great it is!
It's simple really. Some people spend a whole day preparing meals to place into the freezer but that is a little more work than I care for. So here is what I do.
Every week when I make our meal plan for the next week I make sure to plan for one or two meals that are easy to freeze. Most of my recipes already make more than Ethan and I can eat at one meal so instead of having leftovers I just place it in the freezer. Now, we also eat a meal from our freezer each week that way we are always moving the meals in and out. Simple right?
So here are the meals that I have had success with freezing.
-Chicken Pot Pie
-French Onion Soup
-Taco Soup
-Beef Soup
-Pot Roast
-Pasta Shells
-Pasta Sauce
-Sloppy Joes
-Lasagna
*I also freeze bread, cookie dough and cinnamon rolls. When we are ready for it I just place it in the fridge.
Right now in my freezer I have 13 meals.
I hope this will motivate you to try freezer meals if you don't already. It's a great way to save time and money. I would love to hear if any of you have meals that you make that freeze well. I am always on the hunt for new meals to try!!
1 comment:
Love this! You are so awesome! I wish I was more motivated to do something like this! :)
Post a Comment