Over the past few months I found that watching someone hurt, someone who is so very close to you and someone you love very much, can be one of the hardest things I or anyone will ever have to do. Knowing and trusting that God works all things together for good to those who love Him, and yet...why isn't anything changing? Why is that person or those people hurting so deeply? Why are they having to fight so hard for something that used to be so easy? Why does everything feel so numb? Why would they ever even have to deal with something like this? Why...Why...Why...?
I can't even begin to tell you how hard is to watch two people, who I love with all my heart, go through one of the darkest things in their life. Feeling so unable to help, to change it, or to remove it. Wanting so badly to fix it, and not being able to do a thing.
I have been more encouraged by the strength of these loved ones and will never be able to express to them what I have learned from them, but at the very same time feeling so discouraged.
Wanting God to give answers, wanting Him to fix everything with the flip of a switch, but also trusting that somehow through all of this, God will be glorified.He will be praised. He will NOT leave things in the dark.
I heard a song on a blog by someone who I truly look up to and this song is also on my playlist. It's called "This is all that I can say." Sometimes we can say nothing at all to God. We feel so empty, like nothing is even worth saying. We are hurt, feeling lonely, lost and without understanding. Wondering why and how. I have learned that sometimes all we can say is Jesus. And when "this is all that I can say" I just remember that He can take it, and that He unserstands. His wants us to bring all of our hurt and pain to Him. He wants us to lay it all down at His feet. He never says, "that's too much to handle", but always says "bring it on, I can take it."
So when Jesus is all that we can say, say it anyway.
2 comments:
Praying for you girl. <3
Love you and your family, Anna, praying for all of you.
Post a Comment