Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie and Blonde Brownies

Last night I made 2 new recipes! I got both recipes from my friend Carlee's blog!http://carleejoy.blogspot.com/ I love reading Carlee's blog and always learn so much from her blog! She is very talented!

Chicken Pot Pie-From Carlee's friend

1-10lb bag Leg Quarters (use 4-5) (**I used 1 Rotisserie Chicken instead)
1-16oz bag mixed veggies frozen (**corn, carrots, peas, green beans)
1-can cream of mushroom soup
1-can cream of chicken
1-box chicken broth (**I didn't need this with the Rotisserie Chicken)
4-cans of small Pillsbury biscuits (**I used two cans for a 13x9 pan)
Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Boil chicken in water.
2. Add salt and pepper
3. Add 1 tsp of chicken broth
4. Cook chicken boil slow

(**Steps 1-4 are unnecessary if you use a rotisserie chicken.)

5. Remove chicken and set in a pan
6. Cook veggies in water that was used to cook chicken in
7. Skin and de-bone chicken
8. Dip veggies out and put in the pan (13x9) with the chicken.
9. Add cream of mushroom and cream of chicken10. Mix all ingredients together
11. Cook on 400 degrees until it boils (about 18 minutes for me)
12. Pull out and add biscuits on top
13. Cook according to biscuit directions. (10-13 minutes)


Blonde Brownies-From the very best baking website

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (12-ounce package) Chocolate chips

PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy.
Beat in eggs and vanilla extract; gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in morsels.
Spread into prepared pan.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Cool in pan on wire rack.

I was very pleased with how both dishes turned out and they where a hit with the family! I really enjoy making new things and it's even better when they turn out how you hoped they would.

Side note: These are not really Weight Watchers friendly, but you have to live a little :)

3 comments:

Matt and Rachel Dee said...

ANNA -

I started laughing when I read your blog this morning - I made the same thing last night for dinner! (Well, just the chicken pot pie) I actually make it all the time. AND I got the recipe from Carlee. ha! It's one of Matt's favorites.
Car - I hope you read this! You're an inspiration to us all! :)

Love you both!

Anna said...

Haha! Rach that cracks me up! It is so yummy! You should try the blonde brownies. They were super good and I bet Matt would like them! Miss you guys so much! Love you!

Unknown said...

You guys are so awesome! This makes me so happy! You two are just so sweet! I love reading both of your blogs because you inspire me! :)

Anna - I love the new background of your blog - so cute!

Love you both! :)