Friday, May 6, 2011

This is where we are....

My lack of posting has not been because there has been a lack of events. It's been the opposite :) Things are pretty busy in the Crowder household. Most defiantly a good busy!

Ethan is finishing up the spring semester and will be starting his summer classes in 2 weeks. He is almost done and I am so proud of him! We are both looking forward to a little break before he begins Seminary in August.

God has contained to show us His faithfulness over the past few months. We were approved for housing at an apartment complex that is about 5 minutes away from campus! I are really looking forward to having 2 bedrooms :) I have been reminded over and over again that God's plans are so much greater than mine could ever be. I know that He is trying to teach me to wait on Him and His will. This is much easier said than done for me. Both Ethan and I feel very at peace with where we are and where we are heading. God continues to provide for us even when we feel like there is nothing left in the bank account. We have never gone without. He continues to teach us that He truly is all that we need.

I was reading in one of my devotions this past week about how God is our strength, shied, healer, helper, provider, etc. He is the all powerful, everlasting God. The gift of the Gospel is far more than a one time deal. The Gospel is something that shapes us and deepens our walk with Christ each and everyday. We must come to the point of total dependence on Christ and strive to live a life that brings Him honor and glory in everything we say and do. God has been reminding me of this over and over recently and I am so thankful for His grace and His mercy.

As our moving date draws closer and closer the reality of it all is starting to really set in. Ethan and I are thrilled about the move. We are thankful that God has so clearly directed us to where we need to be and we trust that He will continue to do so.

I have already begun to dread the thought of goodbyes. The thought of it makes tears well up, but there is something very peaceful about knowing that this is where God wants us.

Please be praying for Ethan and I as we make the final preparations and that God will provide us with jobs.

I have some pictures that I want to post, but have yet to get them from my camera to a computer. Hopefully I can take care of that this weekend :)

1 comment:

Kendall said...

Your faith and trust in the Lord is a testimony of how He has grown you in your walk!! We are so thrilled for the calling He has placed on yalls life and are thankful for your obedient spirits! I cannot wait for you to be up here but I know leaving home will be difficult. I will be praying for the Lord to prepare your hearts for this move and that it will be done for His glory. The Hinton's love you and can't wait to see you!! I love you sweet sister!