Recently I have been trying to focus my attention on why we celebrate Christmas. I have been reflecting on Jesus in the manger, but also Jesus on the cross. Christ was born to die. He knew this as a babe in the manger and His primary mission was to glorify His Father through His death on the cross and resurrection from the grave! We cannot take the Cross out of Christmas.
I think that these words sung by Shane and Shane do a great job of expressing this!
"Born to Die"
When the babe was born.
In a manger on the hay.
God saw a veil torn.
He saw Good Friday.
He was born to die.
Gold laid before the Christ.
Incense, His presence is sweet.
Myrrh to signify victory over death's sting.
He was born to die.
It came in a dream.
To Joseph late one night.
That Herod sought the King.
But could not take His life.
He was born to die.
He said, "You won't take my life.
You won't take my life.
You won't take my life...
I lay it down."
We came here today
to celebrate His birth.
But let us not forget
why Jesus came to earth.
He was born to die.
1 comment:
Great reminder. Bebo Norman has a song about this. I believe it's called "Born to Die". Great song.
Post a Comment