It's been almost 7 months since our move. It seems a little unreal to me. Over half a year is a long time. It's craziness. Anyways, we are doing great and I thought I would give everyone an update on what we have been up to!
What Ethan is up to: Ethan is getting settled back into the routine of classes. He is taking 15 credit hours this semester and has loads of reading, but he is doing a great job of staying on top of his assignments. He has some tough classes this semester, and his dedication is simply impressive if you ask me. I may be a little bias but I am really proud of him! I'm not sure if I ever mentioned that he started a new job back in december and he is loving it! It has been a huge blessing in many ways. Two if which are with his schedule and financially! He doesn't ever work in the evenings and I love it because he gets to be home when I am home! He is also beginning an internship with our church and we are both excited about it! He does a fantastic job of balancing school, work, and me :)
What I have been up to: I registered to run a 5k in about 4 weeks with my running buddy Ashley! I am pretty excited about it! I love running, but sometimes lack the motivation I need to push myself. Registering for this race was just what I needed! I am still working as a receptionist at a local doctor's office and I enjoy my job there! I am thankful for a short commute! It makes a world of a difference. I am taking 2 Seminary Wives classes this semester. Each of them are 6 weeks long. One if called Baptist Beliefs and the other is Hospitality. I really enjoy SWI because it provides me an opportunity to meet other seminary wives and to learn some extremely helpful things.
I still struggle with being homesick and I miss our family dearly. Some days I feel like I haven't seen them in years and like I am missing so much, but I am thankful for the opportunity to be at Southern and for Ethan to be able to study at such a great institute. The Lord is continually teaching me that my complete trust must always remain in Him. He is faithful and I have seen His faithfulness first hand over and over again these past 7 months. Not only has He provided for our financial needs, but also through friendships, and through our marriage. He has grown our marriage in more ways than I can explain and I am so thankful that He saw fit to give me Ethan. I am so proud of be Ethan's wife and am thankful for how the Lord is leading Ethan and in return how Ethan is leading our family!
We were made for each other!
Absolutely the love of my life! I have no idea what I would do without him! He pushes me to be more like Christ in every aspect of life and he loves me continually. Even though I know I drive him nuts sometimes!
We are excited about the opportunities that the Lord is providing us with and are thankful for His sovereignty in our lives! We miss everyone so very much and look forward to our next visit home! Hopefully sooner rather than later :)


1 comment:
Love the update. It made me cry. I am so proud of you both! We feel so blessed to be your parents and thank the Lord continually for what He is doing in your lives! To God be the Glory!! oxoxox MOMMY
Post a Comment