I gained 60lbs while pregnant......Okay you can close your month now. I was equally as shocked. I did really well with my weight gain until just over half way through my pregnancy. Im not going to lie.... I ate what I wanted. I have a major sweet tooth and it went off the chain during my pregnancy. Not only did I have zero self control but other people always seemed to encourage me to eat what I wanted. And I would listen to them. My doctors were always bringing it up and rightly so. I walked a few days a week and tried not to snack. However, the number on the scale just kept going up. I hated that part of my doctors appointments. At my 37 week appointment the doctor told me she could tell I was bothered by the weight gain because I mentioned it to her several times. She was so encouraging when she told me that it would be ok. I obviously needed to be aware of what I was eating but I would be able to lose the weight.
By the time I went into labor I was extremely swollen. I honestly didn't realize how swollen I was. After giving birth I was even more swollen. I had already mentally prepared myself for the worse when it came to how I would feel about my new body. About a week after Norah was born I began to notice that my new shape was taking place. The swelling was going away and I was beginning to feel more like myself. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror one night and the first thing that came to mind was that I didn't look near as "fat" as I thought I would.
Two weeks post delivery I got on the scale. I had lost 40lbs. I was shocked. I couldn't believe how fast I dropped the bulk of the weight and it proved to me that I was carrying around a lot of water weight. I still have 20lbs to lose to be at pre baby weight but honestly I'm not that worried about it.
Yes, I have some killer stretch marks and my tummy is squishy. But you know what....I'm ok with it. Every time I look at those stretch marks and my squishy tummy I am reminded of my sweet baby girl.
Every single pound was worth gaining for her.
Two weeks post delivery I got on the scale. I had lost 40lbs. I was shocked. I couldn't believe how fast I dropped the bulk of the weight and it proved to me that I was carrying around a lot of water weight. I still have 20lbs to lose to be at pre baby weight but honestly I'm not that worried about it.
Yes, I have some killer stretch marks and my tummy is squishy. But you know what....I'm ok with it. Every time I look at those stretch marks and my squishy tummy I am reminded of my sweet baby girl.
Every single pound was worth gaining for her.

1 comment:
Don't worry about the weight. It will come off in time. She is only 1 month old. You look great and as long as you feel great and are comfortable in your own skin, then thats all that matters. We love you.
Post a Comment