Norah Rose recently celebrated her 11 month birthday! These past 11 months have been the best 11 months of my life! I love being Norah's Mama. There have been many challenges and I know there will be many more but I am so thankful for Norah's life.
Feedings: There have been lots of changes in this department. I have started weaning Norah. We introduced her to whole milk for the first time. I did this by mixing it with breastmilk. She is doing so well as we continue to wean her from breastmilk. I am down to pumping 3 times a day. It's bittersweet as this part of caring for Norah comes to an end but I am also very thankful that we made it one whole year with nursing/pumping. It hasn't been easy but I have loved it. Norah is eating all table foods now. It amazes me that for such a tiny little girl she eats so much!
Skills: Norah took two steps all by herself! We were visiting our friends in Louisville and while Norah and Levi were playing she took two steps! Such an exciting moment! She hasn't done it again since but I know that she will begin to walk in time and I honestly don't feel any rush at this point. She is a chatty little girl! She can say "Hello", Byebye", "Mama", "Dada", and "Ball". She loves to push anything and everything around the house and she loves to read books. She doesn't still for long but every now and then she will snuggle for a minute or sit in my lap while I read to her.
Nap/Night time: Night time is the same. Naps are starting to change a little. Norah has started taking a longer morning and afternoon nap and her cat nap is starting to fade out. If we are home I will lay her down for the cat nap but if we are out and about she will just stay awake until bed time. She seems to do ok without it as long as we are not at home. I really don't mind the catnap so if she wants to take it thats fine with me.
Personality: Norah may look like her daddy but she acts like me. I'm not totally convinced that a good thing all the time :) She is so fun, sweet and happy but she is very strong willed. Ethan and I are working hard to be consistent with her are thankful for such a sweet little girl who keeps us on our toes! She is so smart and curious. We know that the Lord is going to use her to do great things for His Kingdom!

No comments:
Post a Comment