Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Norah, 12 Months

On November 10th we celebrated Norah's first birthday! I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. It has been so much fun to watch Norah grow and change each day. It is an honor to be her Mama! Here is an update on our girl!



Feedings: Norah is officially weened and is drinking whole milk 3 times a day with water/juice in the afternoon. She weened so well and seems to enjoy whole milk. Although I have noticed that she like breastmilk more and would drink it much faster. I was sad at first when I was no longer providing Norah with her milk but I am loving this new freedom. It is so much easier for us to pick up and go and not have to make sure I have the breastpump with me. She is a great eater and eats just about anything I put in front of her. The other day she ate an entire kids meal from Chick-Fil-A(4 grilled nuggets and a cup of fruit)! She weighed in at 18lbs 15.5ounces at her 12 month check up but then lost a few ounces when she got a yucky cold a week or so later. We go back for a checkup in the next few weeks so I am hoping that she regained that weight since she is eating like normal again.

Skills: We have a walker ya'll! Last Saturday she just took off. She has been taking tons of steps but it was like all of a sudden she got confidence and has taken off. Even if she falls she gets back up and walks again! She is also saying lots and lots of words! She can say: Mama, Dada, Baby, Ball, Go, Bye bye, Hello, Hi, Bubba, Pa, Pop Pop, Oh, Ya and I think she can say No too. We are in trouble on that one. She loves to play with her baby dolls and to read books. Today she sat in my lap and we read books for awhile. When I would finish reading one I would ask her if she wanted to read another one and she would say " Ya". It's fun to see how much she does on her own now. She is very independent and wants to do her own thing.

Naps/Nighttime: We have moved to two naps a day. Morning and afternoon. Both are normally about 1 and a half to 2 hours long. She will only take an evening cat nap if we are in the car. She sleeps about 12 hours at night and has even been sleeping in a little bit! I have really enjoyed that :)

Personality: Norah is so full of life! She is very expressive and gets really excited about things. She just started gasping when she sees something that she likes. Like our Christmas tree! She loves it and thankfully she has been obeying really well and has not touched it! She is a smart girl. Very curious and very social. It takes us forever to get through a store because she loves to chat with everyone she sees. She must get that from me :) She continues to look just like her daddy and act like me. Pretty funny how that works out.

We are so in love with our girl. She brings us so much joy!

No comments: