Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I just got back from the windy city.....

This past weekend Aletheia went to Chicago(aka. Windy City)! We had a mini concert at a Christian school on Friday afternoon and then on Sunday morning we led worship at a church. Sunday night we had a full concert at Dan's(Acoustic guitar, lead vocals) home church. So we had Friday night and all day Saturday to hang out in Chicago! It was a blast! I loved being in the city, but defiantly know that I could never live in a city that big. The weather was beautiful, cold, and windy! I got to wear my coat, and on Sunday night as we were driving back to school it snowed a little. The concerts went great and God really worked in my life. He renewed me in a much needed way and I am so thankful for that. Things have been so crazy at school, and I have more homework that I can even bear thinking about. I am really thankful for the weekend I had away with my Aletheia family! It was the first time Ethan and I had been away since we got to school and I missed him like crazy, but he was able to get a good bit of homework done! I have added a tone of picture with this post and I hope that you enjoy them!

Down Town Chicago...Sears Tower! One of my Aletheia sisters, Holly. She is getting married in December and is going to be very missed.

The colors of the trees were so amazingly beautiful!

The church that is in the movie Home Alone!
The Home Alone house!

The ladies of Aletheia! Holly, myself, and Kristen!

This photo is for Abby!!

This is our director Dr.Platt!! It had been raining and his hair had gotten all messed up! He is the best director in the world!!

Standing in front of the Chicago River!

This is all of Aletheia! It is our reflection in this huge thing call the BEAN. You will see it in a photo to follow.


Back to front(left to right):
Josh, Matt, Dan, Jarrod
Holly, Kristen, Myself, and Timmy.
PS. The BEAN is the thing you see in the background.




While this photo was being taken about 20 people gathered around us and about half of them
started taking photos of us :)






Dan and I practicing Sweetly Broken before leading worship on Sunday Morning.


2 comments:

Alice said...

These are great, Anna! It's cool you get to do fun stuff like this trip. We miss you so much! I really enjoy all the photos you post - it makes missing you a little better :). Love you!

Maggie Ainsworth said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun in Chicago, Anna! And, I must admit, that I think it is so cool that you saw the Home Alone house...I love that movie. Nothing like watching Home Alone at Christmas-time :)