Friday, February 27, 2009

The Monitor






NOTE: The story below has nothing to do with the photos above. The explanation of the photos is after the story!

I have been trying and trying to get the engagement posted in the Lake area monitor. I found their e-mail online(or so I thought) and submitted the engagement via e-mail. Well, Ethan and I kept checking to see if they had published it and for about 3 weeks we saw nothing. So I wrote the publisher asking about it and they never wrote me back. About a week later I wrote them again. On Wednesday night I was checking my e-mail and I was glad to see that the publisher had responded to my question. The publisher went on to say that they had published the engagement and that they had been trying to respond to my e-mail but were having problems with their e-mail. The publisher then goes on to ask me if we have family in the Cedar Creek Lake area. As I sat there trying to figure out what they were talking about I noticed that right under the publishers name it said the following: The Monitor/Lake Area Leader1316 S. Third Street, Suite 108 Mabank, Texas 75147. I still cannot believe that I sent our engagement info to a newspaper in Texas. The publisher has been so kind and told me that it happens all of the time. They also said that they would send me a copy of the paper. So I am sure that there are many people in Texas who are wondering who in the world Ethan and Anna are. At least we have a funny story to tell our children one day!
PS. The photos above are from Valentines day! Ethan got my one dozen orange roses with an orange and blue ribbon! In case you didn't know orange(persimmon) and blue(hydrangea blue) are the wedding colors! I was so excited! I love flowers and these were breath taking! I got Ethan a shirt that says "I love my wife"! He has already worn it and he looks so cute in it!

3 comments:

Alice said...

funny story, Anna! i love it!

Megaloo said...

Thats too funny! Love the flowers! My favorite are Yellow with Orange tops!

Whitney said...

That is too funny, and yes, that is definitely going to be a story to tell the little kids one day :)