I was walking to my dorm room at college when I called to check in with my mom. After asking her how things were going she said " Well, Amber and Chad have a baby coming". I paused for a minute before saying " What?". She then went on to tell me about James and that he was being placed in Amber and Chad's care and that they were hoping to adopt him. All I knew was that his name was James, He was about 7 months old and that things for our family would never be the same. About a week later I came home from college and I remember walking in to the house and Amber walked around the corner and handed me my new nephew. He was my nephew from the very start and I knew that regardless of the turn out of the adoption he would always be my nephew. About a year later Amber and Chad closed on the adoption! I was so blessed to be able to watch God work in and through this situation and it has been such an honor to watch Amber and Chad raise their son! I honestly can't image things without him!
I wasn't able to find a picture of James from when I first met him. I believe they are on a different computer, but I did pull the one below from facebook. This is James and I at his 1st Birthday party. He has changed so much! He has turned into such a little man. He says and does the funniest things and has the sweetest temperament! James is now 2 1/2 years old!

Here are a few pictures from this weekend!
James at Texas Road! He is a ham :)




No comments:
Post a Comment