Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Change is coming

Many of you know that God has called Ethan and I to full time ministry and that Ethan is currently finishing the last year of his bachelors degree at the Baptist College of Florida. Along with preparing for ministry through a formal education, he has been intern in the student ministry at the church that we are currently members of. We are thankful for this opportunity because it has taught us and grown us. Ethan feels he is called to Pastoral Ministry and I have been called to serve along side of Ethan.

In preparing for ministry Ethan will be attending seminary. As we first began to pray about what seminary the Lord was leading us to we were drawn to Southern Seminary. I think that this was due to us being up there a few years ago and also us having friends there. It seemed to be the easy choice. However, the Lord really began to show us that it wasn't our choice. It was His and that we needed to patiently wait for Him to guide us. We began to do more research and and prayer. We began leaning towards Southeastern seminary. Neither of us had ever been to Southeastern, but knew people who had been so we began to ask lots of questions to try and get a feel for the school. This was very hard for me. My heart was so set on Southern for many reasons and I was torn. I had to ask the Lord to change my perspective away from my will and towards His. He answered this prayer. I became open to the idea of Southeastern and began researching housing etc. Ethan had planned to attend the 9marks conference at Southeastern and we were both praying that during this trip the Lord would really make His will known. When Ethan got back from the conference he was 50/50. Even more torn then before he visited.

There are many reasons that we were drawn to both seminaries. They are both great, God honoring seminaries and the education and training that both Ethan and I would receive would be great. I think that is what made it so hard.

After what seemed like forever to my type A personality, the Lord began to draw us back towards Southern Seminary. I was so confused by the change of heart for both Ethan and I, but I am convinced that this was another way for our heavenly Father to teach us. He desires that we wait on His will and even though that is also the desire of our heart it is not always easy.

We now come to the present:

Ethan mailed in the first part of his application to The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary on Monday. This is so crazy to me. He is applying for his Masters Degree!

I am so thankful that the Lord has lead us to this place. He so graciously draws us to Himself and His will. We know that just like he brought us to this place He can change our hearts. We are open and willing. There is no better place to be then in the will of our Lord. Of this I am convinced!

Our plan is to move in July. We have begun preparing for this in all ways possible. We know that ministry is not easy and that this calling is a high one with a great deal of responsibly and we are humbled to know that our Savior would see fit to call us to this.

We are very excited to see where the Lord is going to take us. We are excited for this new stage in our lives and look forward to where it leads!

Please continue to pray for us as we continue to seek God's will and strive to live a life that brings glory and honor to our God! Please pray for us as we make some changes in order to help us prepare to move in July. Pray that regardless, we will honor our Lord.

We are so thankful for those who love us and have prayed for us! You are a blessing!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay!!! We cannot wait to have you up here again! More importantly, we are happy that where the Lord leads, you follow.

I am sure that Baby Garner will love having ya'll around, also :)

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you two! That is such wonderful news! Moving away as a young married couple will create such a bond to each other and ultimately the Lord! YAY!

Whitney said...

This post makes me happy and sad all at the same time.

Happy because IT IS INCREDIBLY AWESOME that God has called you & Ethan to full time ministry! Such a call but I know you two are ready for it and He has prepared you for this moment for as long as you can remember and is continuing to do so.

Sad because it means that you two will be moving hours away from home. Especially right before my senior year /:

I've been thinking about that a lot recently and it should be interesting to see what God provides here when you guys leave us and start your journey!

Great things and many blessings will be on your way, Anna Crowder! You are an AMAZING woman of God and I see that true in your life everytime I am around you. Your love for your Lord first, your husband second, and then your family & friends always rings true and you are such a model for all of those around you. Not to mention that God has equipped you with outward drop-dead-gorgeousness along with a heart of gold!

Such a picture of what a Godly woman should be and I am honored to be so close to you. You have touched my life SO much and I cannot wait to see where the Lord takes you & Ethan as well.

I love you so much and those are not just words.

-Whit

Shannon said...

Aww, I just read this :) So beautifully written. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for y'all. It's so true that "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." (Ps. 16:9)

Love you!