Monday, January 24, 2011

Disney Princess 5k


Now as much as I would like to tell you that I am running a 1/2 marathon, I am not. However, I have officially registered for the Beauty and the Beast 5K that will take place as part of the Princess weekend in February. I am so excited about this run! A 5k is equal for 3.1 miles. This is a great starting place for me. This will be my first "race" and I am pretty pumped. Now I am not sure if I will ever run a 1/2 marathon, but the thought of being apart of something similar, yet smaller :), really excites me! I have been training for several months and am feeling pretty well prepared. The 5k will take place in Epcot, which is one of my favorite parks! I still have about a month or so to finish up my training and gain speed, and I am thankful for this extra time to help me become more confident. This run is a pretty big deal to me. A few months ago I set out to start running and this race is a symbol to me that I have accomplished a huge goal.

My next goal is to run another 5k in April in Jacksonville. Anyone want to join me? :)

2 comments:

luke and wyatt's mom said...

Do you get to wear a tiara while you run? :D

Anna said...

I wish :)