Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cheesy Chicken Casserole

I got this recipe from my friend Carlee. Make sure to check out her blog http://carleejoy.blogspot.com/ . I met Carlee through my cousins and my brother. Carlee married Jared a few months after Ethan and I got married. I have enjoyed keeping up with her through her blog! On Monday she posted this recipe on her blog and it sounded so easy and so yummy! I am pretty sure that it is not Weight Watchers approved. However, I tried to keep it as low fat as possible :) It was well worth the extra points!


Cheesy Chicken Casserole

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1 cup sour cream 1 can cream of chicken soup

2-3 chicken breast, cooked and cut into cubes

1-2 sleeves of ritz crackers

1/2 stick butter, melted


Directions:

1. Cut up chicken and place in a 9 by 13 pan (spray with pam)

2. Combine cheese, sour cream and soup. Stir until mixed well. Pour over chicken.

3. Crumble up the ritz crackers and spread over top of casserole

4. Melt butter and pour over crackers

5. Bake for 30-35 minutes covered at 350 degrees - then uncover for about 5-10 minutes

6. Serve over rice.


*Instead of rice I cut up fresh grean beans and onions and sauteed them!

Here is my finished product! It was a hit and everyone loved it!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

that sounds and looks delicious!! I'll have to try that soon!

Unknown said...

YAY! I'm so glad it turned out for you. It is the best! Thanks for always being so sweet Anna - I love how our blogs keep us connected!

Shannon said...

Oooh, that looks good!

Simply Smith said...

Um, YUM! I might have to make this this week! It looks so good! :D

Kristin said...

Hey!! Love easy yummy recipes and so does Todd, not making them of course!
Wanted to let you know I'm cooking your recipe tonight and adding it in my personal recipe book! Looks delicious and hope mine turns out good too! Thank you for sharing this, always love making something new.