These are a few of my favorite things!
1) Rock N Play
This was our life saver! Norah was not a fan or her crib. She wanted to be held close. We borrowed the Rock N Play a few days after arriving home from the hospital and it totally changed everything. Norah really liked it and she slept so well in it. I was pretty adamant about wanting her in her crib right from the start but I quickly learned that she had other plans. The Rock N Play was great because it could be moved from room to room easily. She slept in this until she was about 7 weeks old. I would highly recommend this to any new mama.
2) Tommee Tippee Bottles
I started pumping when Norah was about 3 weeks old and originally we tried using a different brand of bottles. Norah just wasn't a fan. I happened to have a Tommee Tippee bottle that was given to me when we registered at Target and I decided to try it. Norah took to it so well. I think these bottles are perfect for the breast feed baby.
3) Medela Breast Pump
This has been great! Thankfully our insurance company covered the cost of this bad boy. Check out www.inursemybaby.com . They did all the leg work in getting my pump. It was awesome! If you are pregnant and interested in a breast pump the wonderful team at www.inursemybaby.com will be happy to help you!
4)Swaddle Sleep Sack
These are great! However, I wouldn't use them for a newborn. The velcro is noisy. I started using these with Norah when she was about 2 month old and sleeping longer stretches at night. Norah is a master of getting out of her swaddle and these made it a little bit harder for her :)
5) Boppy Nursing Pillow
I love my nursing pillow. I would take it everywhere with me if I wouldn't get strange looks.
6) Aden and Anais Swaddles
These are perfect for a newborn baby. I loved them. They are soft and thin but they also keep baby warm.
7)Mam Pacifiers
In the hospital one of the nurses gave us some pacifiers. However, they were huge and Norah couldn't keep them in her month. Someone had given me a pack of newborn Mam pacifiers and these fit Norah's tiny month perfect. She has to be in the mood to take a pacifier but when she wants it this is the one she wants!
8)Newborn gowns
These are wonderful for those middle of the night feedings when its dark and you can hardly open your eyes. We had several of these and this is about all Norah wore the first several weeks of her life.
This is not a complete list or final list but these are what come to mind when I think about the things that made life easier with a newborn! I hope that this blog post helps some of my new mommy-to-be friends out there!








1 comment:
Story would only use Tommy bottles. I loved them! The pump is one of he best out there, good choices on all your baby items!
Post a Comment