Monday, April 28, 2014

Norah, 5 Months Old

Side note:
I actually wrote this post a few weeks ago but I forgot to post it. So better late than never :)

Time is flying by! Norah is getting so big and she is changing so fast! Here is an update on our sweet girl!



Feedings: We are still exclusively breastfeeding and we are still having success with it! We are still waiting to start solids. Our plan is to start at 6 months. Our 4 hour schedule is going great as well!

Awake time/Skills: Norah is becoming a pro at many different skills. Her newest skill is rolling from her back to her belly! She did it for the first time during the night and I found her on her belly when I went to get her in the morning. Now, anytime she is laying on her back she rolls to her tummy. She loves it! She is also getting better at sitting up. We have to help her but she is getting stronger! She has also started to belly laugh! This is my favorite! She doesn't do it often but when she does it is the cutest thing ever!

Naps/Nighttime: Not a lot has changed here. Naps have gotten a little better. Normally she will take about a 45 minute morning nap. A longer afternoon nap.....1 hour to 2 hours. Then she will take a cat nap in the early evening. I nurse Norah at 8:00pm and then she goes to bed for the night. I still do a dream feed at 10:30pm. I recently tried to drop the dream feed but she just isn't ready for that and I'm ok with that. She still wakes up 1 time to nurse during the early morning hours. My plan is to see if she will drop it on her on over the next month and a half and if she doesn't I am going to start to ween her from that feeding. I'm praying that she will drop it on her own because I really don't want to have to work with her on dropping it. 

Personality: I know that I am partial but Norah is the happiest baby I have ever been around. She loves for people to talk with her and she loves to just sit and talk with her mama and daddy! She is sweet and fairly laid back. Her smile will light up any room. I am so thankful for my fun loving baby girl! She makes life more fun!




No comments: