Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Norah, 6 Months Old!

How in the world has half a year gone by? I mean honestly.....time please slow down! I think that this past month has been my favorite. I love this age! Here is an update for you.



Feedings: There has been lots of change in this area! Norah is now eating solids twice a day as well as nursing 6 times. So far Norah has had oatmeal and carrots and she seems to enjoy both! In a few day we get to introduce her to avocado! I am making Norah's food and am using a book called 201 Organic Baby Purees as my guide. As well as the help of some of my mommy friends who also made their baby food. It is so much more cost effect for us and I really like know exactly what she is eating. It's not for everyone. I totally get that and there is nothing wrong with that. I am only at the very beginning of this new stage but I am looking forward to digging deeper into the world of baby food!

Awake time/Skills: Norah is doling so well with mastering all of her skills. Her new favorite thing to do is take her paci out of her month and look at it. She can put it back in her mouth but most of the times she drops it before it makes it there. We have gotten into a pretty good play routine. We are trying to enjoy the outdoors more. She loves being outside! Swinging is one of her favorite pass times right now. Someone gave us a little kiddie pool so I put her in that for the first time this week! She loved it. She loves playing with her feet and her hands. Norah has also started reaching for me. I love this. It so sweet. She laughs all the time now and she is also doing much better with sitting up. She has to use her hands but she is getting stronger and we are practicing every day!

Teeth: Norah has two Canine teeth coming through! They haven't broken the skin yet but they are close. She has decided to go against the grain and cut the canine teeth first :)

Naps/Nighttime: We habe made some major improvement in this area! I have been working hard on getting her to take longer naps. I have discovered that she can handle being awake for an hour and 45 minutes- 2 hours before she needs a nap. So I have been laying her down somewhere between those times. She will fall asleep pretty easily and sleep for 30-45 minutes. Then she wakes up...ugh. So I go in her nursery and give her paci to her and she will fall back asleep. She wants to sleep but struggles to transition into that deep sleep. I will have to go in once or twice. I'm ok with it right now. She is making progress and I am hoping that over time it will work itself out. Norah is no longer taking a middle of the night feeding! It's been over two weeks since I have nursed her during the night and she is adjusting pretty well. One night I just decided to offer her paci to her and she took it and went back to sleep! Right now she may make wake up a few times but I just give her paci to her and she goes back to sleep. My plan is that after a few more weeks of this I will stop going in to give her paci to her. She dropped the feeding with a little bit of encouragement from me :)

Personality: Norah is so happy. She loves people. She loves to sit and talk. She loves to laugh. She plays so well by herself. She brings so much joy to Ethan and I!

No comments: