Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

Ethan and I had a great first 4th of July as a married couple! All of my family was out of town and Ethan and I were unable to take the extra time off work so we dog sat for my mom and dad. We enjoyed staying at there house where there is cable and internet :) We both had Friday off so we enjoyed sleeping in.

On Friday afternoon we met up with Ethan's sister Shannon and her husband Thad to go out on Lake Santa Fe for the afternoon! At first it was raining but we decided to stick it out. It turned out to be a beautiful day and we enjoyed swimming in the bay, tubing, and ridding around in the boat! Lake Santa Fe is huge and so beautiful!

On Saturday we slept in again! We hung out at the house until mid afternoon and then we met up with Shannon and Thad again and headed to some friends house for the rest of the afternoon. We went to Lake Swan and the water there is beautiful! The Tisdale Family has a beautiful house on the lake and their beach is so nice! I love swimming in lakes when I can see the bottom :) The food was so yummy and we had a great view of the fireworks! I tubed for the first time since I was little and I loved it. I have this fear of falling off the tube and waiting out in the middle of a lake for the boat to come and get you. I am happy to say that I think I have over come that fear...haha!

Yesterday we went to church and the service was great! After church we went home to take a nap! Last night our church was having a cook out so we headed out there for some more yummy food,swimming and tubing! Ethan and I enjoyed spending time with our church family! I decided to tube again yesterday and I enjoyed it :) However, I am paying for it today. My arms and back are killing me. Oh well, I guess it's the price you pay! Ethan and I really enjoyed our long weekend!

Today is our one month anniversary! I know for most of you it's not much at all but I am still excited! It's hard to believe how fast the first month has gone. I look forward to the many, many more years to come!! I love being married! I love taking care of our house and cooking! Ethan is such a wonderful blessing in my life and is an amazing husband! I can honestly say that I love him more now than I did one month again so I know that the love will just keep on growing!!

I hope that everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July!

PS. I am sad to say that I didn't take any pictures this weekend. I thought that I left my camera at our apartment and than on Sunday I found it at my parents house....Oh well :)

2 comments:

Kendall said...

Happy one month! it sounds like yall had a great weekend! I hope things are going well and i can't wait to see you in 5 months!! love yall!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we got to spend so much time together! Many more lake days to come :). I can't believe we didn't take any pictures either, haha!