Sunday, July 10, 2011

My niece, Katie Joy

I am beyond excited as I right this blog post. My heart is so thankful and joyful to announce the arrival of my niece Katie Joy! She was born on July 10th at 2:35am. Weighed 5.6 lbs and is 18inches long! She is absolutely beautiful! She has her daddy's nose and her mama's chin and a full head of dark brown hair! Mom, Katie Joy, big brother James, and Dad are doing well!

For months I have been preparing myself to not be able to be apart of this exciting day. Our moving day is July 11th(tomorrow! how crazy!) and my sister Amber was not due until July 22nd. The thought of missing this day made me so sad, but I had a peace with God's timing. Yesterday, as I was packing up our moving truck and I got a text from Amber telling me that she was having contractions and that she was going to go to the hospital and was hoping that it was not a false alarm. I was praying so hard that it was not a false alarm and that Katie Joy would soon make her arrival. I am so thankful that God saw fit to bring KJ into this world before our move. Amber was admitted yesterday afternoon and after finishing our packing Ethan and I headed to the hospital. After arriving we went to grab some dinner and hang out with our nephew James. After dinner we headed back to the hospital and waited. It was so great to get to spend time with our family and some close friends. After KJ made her arrival and they got her all clean and shinny it was our turn to go meet her. As I held this sweet baby girl I could not help but kiss her tiny little face! She is so sweet and just talked and listened to us as we got to know her. Ethan also enjoyed holding KJ and it was sweet to watch him with her. The memories I have of loving on her those first few hours of her life are very sweet ones! Katie Joy is one loved little girl. Not only by her mommy, daddy and big brother, but by the rest of her family!



She is so precious!



Smiling at her mama!




Uncle Ethan's turn!




3 comments:

Kristin said...

She is such a precious and beautiful, sweet little baby girl! God's ways and timing is amazing! We will miss ya'll, be careful. Love you.

Kendall said...

So well written. It is very evident how lucky this little girl is to be surrounded by such a large group of family and friends that love her dearly! I can't imagine how hard it will be to say goodbye this week but God is good in His timing! There is so much to rejoice over, the gift of life that Amber was able to carry, the delivery of a healthy baby and a healthy mommy, God is sovereign over all and is GOOD! Love you sweet friend, see you soon!

Kelly said...

aw!!! yay!!! Congratulations to everyone!!! Such a wonderful day!