Sunday, July 10, 2011

Our Country Day 5k

On Monday July 4th my friend Leslie and I ran our second 5k(3.1 miles) together! This time we were in our hometown so our family was able to come out and support us! For some reason I was much more nervous about this run then my first one and I think it was because it was in my hometown and I knew there would be people I knew who were running it. Silly I know :) Anyways, Leslie and I ran it in our best time yet! We ran it in about 33 minutes! This may not be a good time to you but we were thrilled! That is about an 11 minute mile and when we ran a few days before we ran a 12 minute mile! We worked really hard to keep a steady pace and I was very pleased with how well we did. I told Leslie that no matter what I did not want to walk and we never did!

I am so thankful for the friendship that has come through running! Leslie, my running buddy, is a dear friend and our conversations where truly a blessing! I am really going to miss our time spent sweating together :)

Here are some pictures from our 5k!



Leslie and I before the race!

Sprinting to the finish line!
Yay!! All done!
PS. The water on my shirt is not sweat. I drank some water from a water station while running and I made a mess :)



Yay!! We did it!

My younger sister Abby was there to help cheer me on!


My mama there to cheer!


Daddy came too!

And of course my sweet husband was there cheering too!



I am planning to continue to run after our move to Kentucky and am hoping to run another race up there!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

way to go!!! That's so awesome!!! You are doing so well with running!