Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Power Outage

Things have been crazy up here. We had a really bad wind storm on Sunday resulting in a huge power outage affecting the whole city. Over 3oo,000 people were out of power, and the city has been working really hard to get things back up and running. It was not fun going without power, and hot work for the last few days. We got power back today, and I was so excited about doing my hair :) The campus did a great job at taking care of everyone, and making sure that everyone was safe. It was decided that there would be no classes for the week. They weren't sure when the power would come back on, and they didn't want people to be living day by day. Ethan and I, long with one of our friends, almost came home today, but we couldn't get off work :( I'm not going to lie, we were both pretty upset, but decided to make the best of this week off of school by getting ahead in our schoolwork! Most students have gone home, but most of our friends are still here! There was a lot of damage to homes, cars, power lines, and sadly there were 2 deaths, but other than that we are so thankful for God's protection over our lives and the city. 

Ethan and I miss everyone very much and hope that everyone if doing great!! 

Love,
Anna

PS. I have some photos from the weekend and I plan to post them soon!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I'm so glad ya'll are alright!!!! That would have been great to see you both, but hang in there, not too much longer until you're here!!!! Yay!!! I love you and I'm really glad you finally got to do your hair! :) Us girls understand that trauma! Love you!