It truly amazes me how fast things can change. On Monday afternoon I left work early to go get my teeth cleaned. On my way home I was in an accident. Nothing major. No other cars were involved. I was coming around a big curve. Doing the speed limit and my right tire went onto the grass. Once it touched the grass I could not get back onto the road. I knew that if I jerked to the left that I could hit another car so instead I tried to stop in the ditch and ended up hitting a culvert. The passengers side of my car is the side that I hit and the floor board, right tire, passenger door, and the front windshield are messed up pretty bad. Of course the concrete was fine :) and lucky no other cars were around. About 30 seconds after I told myself about a hundred times that I was OK I realized that I couldn't find my cell phone. It ended up being on the floor but it scared me half to death. I called my dad and him along with my brother got in the truck to come to where I was. Ethan was at work so he was unable to get to me. I waited till I had relaxed a little bit before calling him because I didn't want to freak him out. While I was waiting for my dad and Dave to get there a few people stopped to check on me. A Clay County rescue truck was on there way back from taking someone to Shands so they pulled over. It turned out that one of them knew my dad so they checked my blood pressure and made sure that nothing was broken. They told me I would be a little bit sore and I was on Monday night but since then I haven't been. Dad and Dave got there shortly after and we waited on the toe truck and the Trouper to get there. It was sad to see my car get pulled up onto that big truck knowing that I wouldn't be able to drive it again...and that I would have to buy a new car. God is sovereign and Ethan and I know that He will provide a way for us to pay for a new car. I am so thankful for a sovereign God who protected me for a different ending result. I praise him for giving me a refreshed outlook on how quickly things can change and how we should literally hold onto every moment. Please pray for Ethan and I as we decide what to do about a car. We recently bought Ethan a new truck and were not planning to buy me a new car anytime soon. We know that this is a great chance for us to fully trust on our Lord in Savior to provide for us! We serve an awesome God who has control over everything and will work everything out for our good!
SIDE NOTE:Last Thursday night I went out to the flower field in Hampton for a fun photo shoot. Whitney of
http://www.proverbsthirtyonethirty.blogspot.com/ did an amazing job and it was fun having her take my pictures! Whitney has such a passion for photography and it was my honor to have her build her portfolio by taking my photos! She has a natural talent and I look forward to seeing where God is going to take her! If you want to look at more of the photos clink on the link below.
http://proverbsthirtyonethirty.blogspot.com/2009/05/soon-to-be-mrs-ethan-crowder_12.html
3 comments:
I am so glad you are okay. Praise the Lord that the damage was only to the car and not to you! I totally understand the feeling of seeing your car pulled up onto that truck- It's like your heart just sinks into your stomach. :(
On a better note, I can't wait to see you on Saturday!
I am SO glad that you're OK! God is truly amazing & would/will never leave your side!
I'm glad you had a good time at the flower field, I also had a blast! I absolutely love the pictures & you're so photogenic! Thanks, Anna Banana!
Love you girl!
-Whitney Leigh(:
Anna,I know you have herd me tell this to you one hundred times but i'm so you are ok. I thought i would share with everyone how you talk in your sleep that night about haveing a full tank in the car whin it happend :) and i know you are still trying to find a way to get that gas out of the car:). I love you so much sis.
Post a Comment