Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Flying over Louisville!!
I am so excited about what Ethan and I got to do this evening!! My new friend Kristen, who is a member of Aletheia, and who has been beyond wonderful to me since the moment we met, asked me if Ethan and I would like to meet up to hang out with her and her boyfriend Byron sometime tonight. I was really excited for Ethan to meet Byron, because I thought that they would get along so well! Kristen and Byron had already eaten dinner so they sat with Ethan and I while we ate. After we finished eating Byron asked Ethan and I if we would like to go flying!! Byron is a pilot, and is working towards being a commercial pilot. He works for a man who gives him access to 3 planes. I was kind of hesitant at first, but then I was like why not, you only live once!!! Let me just tell you that it was a BLAST! It was probably one of the coolest things I have ever done! We were in a 4 setter plane, and we got to see Louisville, and parts of Indiana! Byron is a really good pilot, and showed us lots of really cool things! We felt really safe with him! Ethan and I have never flown on a small plane like that, but we both LOVED it and can't wait to go again! I am sad to say that I didn't have my camera with me, so I am unable to show you photos! However, Ethan did have his cell phone with him so we took a few photos with that! It was kind of crazy, because while we were in the air my dad called Ethan's phone. Ethan answered and told him that we were flying, and my dad told him to call back when we landed. My dad told my family, and I think we gave my mom quite the scare(sorry mommy)! We hope to plan a time when Byron can fly us home, and that way Kristen and him can come visit Florida, and Ethan and I get a free trip home!! After our flight we went and got some ice cream, and just enjoyed talking to each other! They are some of the sweetest people I have ever met, and they both have such a deep love for the Lord! I am so thankful that the Lord has placed Kristen and Byron in our lives so early in our time at Boyce! I know that this is just the beginning of a wonderful friendship!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a neat opportunity Anna. I am still laughing about your parents. Made me really chuckle.
You mean, the nextel got service..of all places that it doesn't! Haha(: Well, that is really awesome! But, it taught you to always have your camera with you! :] Haha(: Looking forward to seeing pictures of next time! Love you!!
Sounds incredible, Anna! What fun!
Whitney!!! It was actually Ethan's phone! The nextel wasn't with me, and yes, I will be carrying my camera with me from now on!! Love you!
Post a Comment