Friday, August 15, 2008

Romans 13:1-2

As I was spending time in God's word tonight, I read this verse. It's boldness stood out to me, and it made me dwell upon it.

"(1)Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which are established by God.(2)Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves."(New American Standard Bible)

It is so easy for us to fall away from the authority of God. We so often don't even think about it. We tend to categorize things in our minds, and it's wrong for us to do so. God has authority over all, and that with is established is by God. When we reject any kind of authority, big or small, we are sinning against God. We are not following His will for our life, and by this we are causing condemnation upon ourselves.

It's a command that we as believers must follow...

3 comments:

Alice said...

this is something I often forget. love you, anna, your photo is beautiful also :)

Anna said...

Thank you! Love you too!

Chad & Amber said...

Hey sis,
It is exciting to read your blog and see how God is already working so greatly in your heart. I love you!
Amber